Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Youtube daily report Nov 28 2018

Hello everyone, this is magosa back with another custom review

This time is the General Dicap

This is a very easy custom to make

It took me around 1 day to finish it

Let's start

The base of the figure is the first Finn of the force awakens

It's a very good figure, because it has a normal articulation plus it's very cheap

I only painted the jacket of a grey color and

The details of red are the same ones that had the original color.

The headsculpt as you may know

Is the head of obi wan Kenobi of the first figure of black series.

It's a very cool figure

The only thing I did was to paint the head, beard, and eyebrows

of a mix of black and grey color

A very easy custom

I even added a belt which is the belt of kylo ren

The hostler is made of a elbow pad of a WWE wrestler

It holds up very well

I painted the hands, so they can look like gloves, and that's it.

The articulation it's good, not the best, but is pretty good

The legs can go all the way up and back

it has a tight swevel

double joint in the knee

and the always perfect pivot haha

And that's it.

This character appeared in episode 2 and it's going to appear in episode 4 with a more important role

Episode 4 it's in his final stages

It's been a very big challenge for me this new episode

because I've been experimenting with dioramas and a DSLR camera

the dioramas takes a lot of time and unfortunally I don't have a lot of it, but definatly

it's a very worthy experience

Let's do a height comparasion.

here it is with Nio Beck

it's more taller, the finn figure is a small figure

here it is with the main character of rebirth of the force Zorad Rhaem

And last but not least we have Mort

I hope you really enjoy the video, leave a like and comment if you liked the video

THANK YOU SO MUCH

For more infomation >> STAR WARS CUSTOMS: General Dicap (REVIEW) - Duration: 4:47.

-------------------------------------------

Mythothon & Tome Topple Vlog #3 - Duration: 14:59.

Hey everyone, I hope you're doing very well!

This is the third week of November, therefore of Mythothon as well.

But today also starts Tome Topple which will be from the 16th to the 29th of November.

Tome Topple challenges us to read books with more than 500 pages.

One of the prompts has to be a buddy-read, for which I'm reading Vengeful by V.E. Schwab.

This is the sequel to Vicious, and I'm reading it with an Instagram friend.

We've already divided the sections we'll be reading per day.

And we're planning to read it during the first week. So it has the priority.

I also started listening the audiobook of The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater.

This is the 4th book of The Raven Cycle saga.

Which I've been calling Raven Boys but no, the saga is called The Raven Cycle.

And it's the last book so with this on I'll finish the saga.

An author contacted me recently to ask if I'd like to read and review his book.

I saw what it was about and it looked really interesting so I said that of course I would love to, and he sent it to me.

It has more than 500 pages, so it's apt for Tome Topple… and for Mythothon.

And that's Eteka, Rise of the Imamba. It's historical fiction set during The Cold War.

For what I saw, we're going to follow several characters throughout several countries.

And don't worry, the fact that the author sent it to me doesn't mean my thoughts on it will be biased.

I'll say what I think about it as it is.

But the synopsis really hooked me up, so let's se how it turns out.

And today is the release of the The Crimes of Grindelwald, I'm going to watch it in a while with my boyfriend.

And I'm super excited for it. I'm shocked that I haven't seen a single spoiler of the movie.

For what I've seen, everyone is taking extreme care in not saying anything that may ruin the story.

There's even a hashtag for #ProtectTheSecret so no-one reveals anything, and everything is kept secret,

so the rest of us can go see it without bits of the story ruined beforehand.

And I'm super excited for it!

So far I've only read Vengeful. I've read the first 2 parts we agreed on for the buddy-read.

In this one we follow even more character's points of view than we followed in the first book.

And also more timelines, for it keeps skipping from past to present.

Which is turning out a bit confusing, but each time I'm in doubt I go back to the beginning of the chapter

where it says where we are set in time.

And so far the story is going really well and it's managing to completely hook me up.

And right now I started reading Eteka, Rise of the Imamba. I only read the prologue.

But it's one of those that make you want to know more and what is going on with these characters.

And now I'll share my thoughts on the movie The Crimes of Grindelwald. I'm not giving away any spoiler

but if you haven't watched it yet and want to do so with no biased opinions,

you can skip to this minute, where I've finished talking about it.

So...

The first movie: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, I liked but didn't find it amazing.

And from this sequel I expected so much more,

because from the moment I saw the trailers with a young Dumbledore I got so excited.

I was hoping to see more action, more story, from this movie.

However, as much as I enjoyed the movie because we revisit this magical world, because I love every time we get more magical stuff in the world,

I felt the story was all over the place. It made no sense.

The script had a lot of holes.

Of new things that never get solved. I mean it's the second one out of a 5 movies' series.

So I guess they're laying out everything to develop later.

But this one feels like they throw everything out at you with no logic, which leaves you more confused.

There are also a lot of timeline stuff from this world they didn't respect.

Which contributes in the lack of logic, because you know who should be where and when.

And this movie breaks, in a way, those stories.

So, certain thing where disappointing, but I loved some other ones.

So I hope the next movies fix what they ruined in this one.

And that they have some sense. That the things that happened here have a reason to be.

Maybe I should see it again, in case that could solve some of my doubts.

But, I don't know. I'm a bit undecided about this movie.

That's it.

This weekend is the "Buen Fin", a weekend where we're supposed to have some deals.

Which aren't always that great, but Amazon also has deals on books

and yesterday I got my order.

And while I render the video I just edited, I'll show you what I got.

I bought the following two books from the saga "Chaos...

Chaos..."Chaos Walking"

The second one is The Ask and the Answer, and the third one is Monsters of Men.

I also ordered volumes 3 and 4 of Paper Girls.

And a graphic novel by Isabel Greenberg, The Encyclopedia of Early Earth.

She's the author of one of my favorite graphic novels: The One Hundred Nights of Hero.

This one.

This one's title makes me think it is set in the same universe as this other one.

Though I don't think they have to be forcefully complementary.

Just from the same universe.

I just noticed the spines from the books I bought match.

The render is not ready yet so I'm going to take a photo for Instagram. So I'm taking you with me.

Today I'm going out to a have lunch in a mall. I don't know how great an idea that is because...

being "Buen Fin", it will be full of people.

But I'll take the chance to look for some stuff I need. I'd like to find...

a double tape for the dress I'll wear as a bridesmaid.

And if I find a shower speaker so I can listen to my audiobooks while I shower, it would be awesome.

And, I feel there was something else...

I think that was it.

I haven't finished any of my books, but I'm halfway through Vengeful and The Raven King.

Vengeful is so good! That book is amazing!

We sectioned the buddy-read into equal parts so it was 1 per day and we could finish it in 1 week.

And we're noticing that every time we're going to finish a section, we start a POV from a new character.

So, this book is so well paced, we can tell from the way we divided our sections.

And I've been listening to it while sometimes playing this Spotify playlist.

Which some wonderful being created, this Vicious and Vengeful playlist. And all the songs are by artists I love.

It includes Florence and the Machine, Hozier, Imagine Dragons, among others.

And it's perfect to go along with the book. So that's making me enjoy the book even more.

And now I'll watch Outlander with my mom.

I finished listening to The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. And now I'm done with The Raven Cycle saga.

And it was a bit.... disappointing.

And I'm not talking about the book per se, but about the ending of the saga.

I feel they were preparing us during 4 books for something to happen, which in the end doesn't.

And everything gets solved so quickly, you don't know what happened there. So I feel the ending fell too short.

I was prepared for an amazing action packed epic scene.

And we didn't get any of that.

Over all I was enjoying this book much more than the last one.

But the ending bumped down the rating to 3.5 stars.

Because as much as I didn't like the ending, I liked the trip.

I specially loved the characters and the weird way these books are written.

They have a very poetic style and use a lot of analogies. Which makes them feel different.

Though there were some parts where I felt the characters knew something I didn't know.

As if they got the idea before the reader does.

I feel it's something you had to accept was true instead of learning it on your own.

And I used it for Hera, which was a book with royalty.

This saga is being, or will be addapted for a TV series.

And I think it promises much more like that.

Because it has so much magic and visual elements that would look amazing on TV.

So for that part, I'm excited to see it.

And I hope they add more action to the ending, what the book lacked.

And on the other hand, today I started listening to Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

I'll use this one for the prompt of Poseidon: a book with pirates or something related to the sea.

This one is about 300 pages long so it won't count for Tome Topple but it will for Mythothon.

Right now I'm going to keep reading Eteka because I've barely read anything from it and I'm staying behind.

And later I have bridesmaid chores, I'm going to go help with some stuff for the wedding.

And tomorrow, for the buddy-read, we have planned to finish Vengeful.

I don't know where I got the restraint to leave that book aside and not keep reading because

that book hooks you up. It's so good!

We finished the buddy-read of Vengeful by V.E. Schwab.

Honestly, I didn't think it would live up to Vicious (the first book).

But actually I may have liked this one even more.

I love Vicious, but this one didn't disappoint at all.

We have the characters from the first book but we also get new characters.

Whom you may not agree with but you still want them to succeed. I don't know.

But the series can't end like this. The ending was one of those that end but leave some things open.

And I want to know more about all these characters, I don't think it will end like this.

And from what I get, in another 5 years she'll release the 3rd book.

So there's a lot of time left until we know what happens with these characters and this story.

But I loved it, I gave it 5 stars.

And I used it for Ares, the God of war, which was a book from the villain's POV.

And I think this one is perfect for that subject.

And yesterday I started listening to the audiobook of My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows

This is a comic retelling of Lady Jane Grey, "Juana de Inglaterra".

And it's so funny, starting with the dedication.

Where they apologize beforehand for what they'll do to England's history in this book.

And they also dedicate it to the people who know there was space for Jack in that door, when the Titanic sinks.

I haven't stopped laughing with that book, and it's 490 pages long so it also counts for Tome Topple.

And now, for my bridesmaid chore, I have to paste these cards to these sticks.

So they fit in the souvenir plantpot of the wedding.

So while I do that, I'll be listening to My Lady Jane.

I'll end this week's vlog here.

I managed to finish 2 books: The Raven King and Vengeful.

But I'm in the middle of Eteka, Treasure Island and My Lady Jane.

And so far the Mythothon grid has only 1 complete line.

The second one.

3 from the top.

2 at the bottom, well 3 at the bottom.

I have only 1 week to finish all the prompts I have left, which are...

Fourteen.

I won't manage to read 14 in a week.

So I hope to at least achieve more lines.

Let's see how this ends. But at least I have 1 line already.

Thanks for watching this video, see you in the next one. Bye!

For more infomation >> Mythothon & Tome Topple Vlog #3 - Duration: 14:59.

-------------------------------------------

Comparación de fracciones - Duration: 8:19.

For more infomation >> Comparación de fracciones - Duration: 8:19.

-------------------------------------------

Future Man TEMPORADA 2 [Trailer ESPAÑOL Subtitulado] Seth Rogen 2019 - Duration: 1:15.

For more infomation >> Future Man TEMPORADA 2 [Trailer ESPAÑOL Subtitulado] Seth Rogen 2019 - Duration: 1:15.

-------------------------------------------

"Casi Llego" - No puedes dejar de ver este Corto Animado, Te romperá el Corazón (Sub Español) - Duration: 2:31.

For more infomation >> "Casi Llego" - No puedes dejar de ver este Corto Animado, Te romperá el Corazón (Sub Español) - Duration: 2:31.

-------------------------------------------

Música en Inglés 2018 - Las Mejores Canciones De Ed Sheeran, Charlie Puth, Bruno Mars - Duration: 1:35:24.

For more infomation >> Música en Inglés 2018 - Las Mejores Canciones De Ed Sheeran, Charlie Puth, Bruno Mars - Duration: 1:35:24.

-------------------------------------------

¿Francisca García-Huidobro se cambia de canal? - Duration: 1:58.

For more infomation >> ¿Francisca García-Huidobro se cambia de canal? - Duration: 1:58.

-------------------------------------------

Mega apuesta por horario nocturna para Verdades Ocultas: reemplazará a "Madre" - Duration: 1:37.

For more infomation >> Mega apuesta por horario nocturna para Verdades Ocultas: reemplazará a "Madre" - Duration: 1:37.

-------------------------------------------

*NEW* MALE POWER CHORD SKIN! RIOT SKIN SHOWCASE WITH ALL FORTNITE DANCES & NEW EMOTES! - Duration: 17:53.

For more infomation >> *NEW* MALE POWER CHORD SKIN! RIOT SKIN SHOWCASE WITH ALL FORTNITE DANCES & NEW EMOTES! - Duration: 17:53.

-------------------------------------------

St. Peter's Health announces partnership with University of Utah Health - Duration: 1:00.

For more infomation >> St. Peter's Health announces partnership with University of Utah Health - Duration: 1:00.

-------------------------------------------

Corsi: I've had no contact with Assange - Duration: 6:00.

For more infomation >> Corsi: I've had no contact with Assange - Duration: 6:00.

-------------------------------------------

Road Trip #341 - I-59 North - Alabama Mile 71-97 (Tuscaloosa) - Duration: 12:09.

Welcome back to 504 Road Trips! Today we begin our drive just inside the

city limits of Tuscaloosa Alabama, heading east on I-59 and north on I-20.

At Exit 71B, the I-359 spur extends north into the city.

Tuscaloosa is the county seat of Tuscaloosa County located on the Black

Warrior River. Tuscaloosa is the fifth largest city in Alabama, with an

estimated population of 100,287 as of 2017.

Tuscaloosa has been traditionally known as the "Druid City", because of the

numerous Water Oaks planted in its downtown streets since the 1840s. The

city has become known nationally for the sports successes of the University of

Alabama--particularly in football. City leaders adopted the moniker of "The City

of Champions" after the Alabama Crimson Tide football team won the BCS National

Championship in their 2009, 2011, and again in their 2012 seasons. In 2008 the

city of Tuscaloosa hosted the USA Olympic triathlon trials for the Beijing

Games. In recent years Tuscaloosa has been named the most livable city in

America, one of America's 100 best communities for young people, and one of

the 50 best college towns, and one of the best places to launch a small business.

Exit 89 is labeled Mercedes Drive, which continues along I-59. The intersecting

street at the exit is Daimler-Benz Boulevard. This area is the location of

the first Mercedes-Benz automotive assembly plant in the United States

opened in 1997. The plant is located on 1,000 acres of land donated by the state

of Alabama. The land was donated as part of the bid by Alabama to win the

contract with Mercedes. The plant includes multiple test tracks, both

on-road and off-road. Located on the property is the Mercedes-Benz Visitor

Center which includes a museum showcasing cars throughout mercedes-benz

history. Cars within this collection are rotated out as needed. As of November

2014, there was a Formula One car originally driven by Michael Schumacher

located inside. Guests can reserve ahead for plant tours. Admission to the visitor

center is free. Plant tours are $5.

We conclude today's video at Exit 97, near West Blocton and Centreville. Thanks

for watching if you'd like to help support our channel please check out our

merchandise at shop.spreadshirt.com/504roadtrips.

If you liked this video, please give us a thumbs up, post a comment, subscribe, share and

follow us on social media, and join us for our next 504 Road Trip!

For more infomation >> Road Trip #341 - I-59 North - Alabama Mile 71-97 (Tuscaloosa) - Duration: 12:09.

-------------------------------------------

PBS Hawai'i - HIKI NŌ Episode #1005 | Kapa'a High - Kaua'i | Building Construction - Duration: 2:57.

For the next couple semesters, we're gonna be building columns, we're gonna be pouring

concrete, we're gonna be framing roofs, building trusses, and putting it all together

so that we have a beautiful, complete pavilion to provide shade or shelter from the rain

and the natural environment.

Industrial engineering and technology, or IET, is an academic pathway at Kapa'a High

School that includes hands-on learning opportunities.

We're, as part of Construction Academy, here teaching about shop safety, learning

about tools and materials, as well as preparing for a career in the field of either carpentry,

painting, roofing, a variety of trades.

Currently working on the construction of multiple new pavilions to benefit the campus community,

students are dedicated to improving their skillsets.

The students at Kapa'a High School that are part of the building construction program

and the Construction Academy program have poured the slab, have built the picnic tables,

and are now in the process of building the pavilions for these picnic tables.

So, every student that comes on campus will have a place to sit down and be comfortable.

With projects being completed by the end of the school year, campus improvements remain

beyond graduation for future students to enjoy.

Community members benefit by helping to contribute to their school or the school that they graduated

from, or where their kids are gonna go to, as well as when Kapa'a High School hosts

other community events, these picnic tables

and pavilions will be available to them for their use.

The process of design is Step Number One.

The design tech program helps us develop those plans through a set of mechanical drawings.

They could be architectural drawings by hand, or they could be AutoCAD drawings utilizing

technology and computer software that helps us design in 3-D, helps us visualize what

that building is gonna be looking like, where it's gonna sit, before we even build it.

With multiple steps taken before breaking ground,

many obstacles must be addressed in advance.

We've had to take the weather and the conditions, as well as sometimes coordinating resources,

whether it's money in the bank and checks that need to be

issued in order for us to purchase materials.

Breaking one project into doable phases for each class is crucial for the scheduled completion.

We're gonna be doing this concrete column and roof project for the next couple semesters.

Going beyond campus beautification, our IET program strives to improve our island.

We're hoping that we might be able to help

build affordable housing for our residents here on Kaua'i.

This is Kainoa Rivera from Kapa'a High School, for HIKI NŌ.

For more infomation >> PBS Hawai'i - HIKI NŌ Episode #1005 | Kapa'a High - Kaua'i | Building Construction - Duration: 2:57.

-------------------------------------------

PBS Hawai'i - HIKI NŌ Episode #1005 | Waimea High - Kaua'i | Strength and Ambition - Duration: 2:48.

[CHUCKLE] Rhona Lei is fun to be with.

She's really funny.

And when you're with her, you just feel relaxed.

Waimea High School student Rhona Lei Batacan is truly that typical teenager, hanging out

with friends, doing homework, and of course, always on Snapchat.

My personality in general is always like, very optimistic, very like, I can do this.

But like, yeah, throughout the time, throughout that experience, I had some downfalls.

Life took a dramatic downfall when Rhona Lei was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a

cancer which damages the immune system.

She was only fifteen.

My initial thought was, I'm gonna die.

But then, my mom explained that it was treatable, that's there's a chance, and that I will

be okay.

And then, so yeah, we went from there, did treatment.

During her four months in chemotherapy, Rhona Lei struggled in finding balance between fighting

and also living a normal life.

The main struggle was the chemo, because it like, made you feel so disgusting, and groggy,

and tired, and sore.

And like, not being at school, and like, being able to learn the lesson, it was hard.

'Cause like, I'd like, go to school, and they're starting a lesson, and then like,

I'd leave.

And then, I'd come back, and they're on something totally different.

Despite her struggles, Rhona Lei's optimism allowed her to persevere and be positive throughout

her experience.

She totally surprised everybody.

When the doctors ask her, you know, How do you feel?

You know, and when she said, It is what it is -- and she just smiled, and I just, you

know, gotta go through it.

And it just shocked everybody.

We just didn't know what to say after that.

This is like, too much, I don't want to do it.

But then, I don't know, just like, thinking about my family and my friends, and like,

my future, like, I don't want to give that up.

So, that was like my main motivation.

Now, up to here from her diagnosis, Rhona Lei is currently in remission.

Her positivity has helped her to persist in her experience and in life.

You would never expect to get cancer.

Like, it was just something just like, out of all the people, I got it.

So like, yeah, anything can happen, but you just have to persevere.

Be optimistic, be positive.

Have hope that if like, life throws all these obstacles at you, these trials, that you can

get through it.

It's just a matter if you want to do it.

This is Kallen Wachi from Waimea High School, for HIKI NŌ.

For more infomation >> PBS Hawai'i - HIKI NŌ Episode #1005 | Waimea High - Kaua'i | Strength and Ambition - Duration: 2:48.

-------------------------------------------

PBS Hawai'i - HIKI NŌ Episode #1005 | Kamehameha Schools Maui High | Empowering Women - Duration: 2:55.

That there is good things out there.

In an age where self-esteem is low, and many young women rely on social media to feel confident,

Taylor Lee has decided to make a difference.

So everyone's gonna get a folder.

I decided to have a retreat.

And at first, I just wanted to have a group, but I felt like I could get a better outcome

if I did an overnight retreat with all girls.

I like, struggle with having confidence in myself, and I wanted to make a difference

in others.

So, I wanted to try and help other girls, preferably younger, because I feel like high

school is a really hard time, and I wanted like, underclassmen to feel like they had

support and that it's really not all that bad.

'Cause it took me so long to like, realize that it doesn't matter what other people

think, and just to find yourself.

So, I just really wanted to try separate social media and your self-confidence.

Taylor has fought self-doubt and low self-confidence in the past.

[INDISTINCT]

So, personally, I always had trouble with accepting what I look like.

And that was hard for me, because I always tried to please others.

It's like a daily thing.

And it just made me like, not want to try new things.

And that I would feel like I needed to post certain things just to be liked, I feel really

negatively affected me.

[INDISTINCT CONVERSATION]

However, Taylor learned that she can be happy as her real self.

Once I got into the high school, I tried out for volleyball, and I made a lot of good friends

out of that.

And I feel like if you, like, bond with people that have the same passion as you and have

like, the same goals as you, you'll find like, a really good group of people platform.

'Cause I just learned that I can do whatever, no matter what I look like, and people are

gonna like me for me, and for what I can do, not only what I look like.

Because Taylor has found true confidence, she's able to impact others and help them

get through struggles of their own.

I hope that my participants take away how to be confident in their own bodies, and realize

that they don't need social media to determine if they're pretty, if they're liked, or

if they're popular.

I just really hope that they know that they're perfect the way they are.

You go out there and do what you want to do, because if you put your mind to it,

you will do it.

And I promise you can do that, and anything possible.

Taylor broke through her challenges to show the world just how amazing she is, and encourages

other girls to be themselves.

This is Amaya Genovia from Kamehameha Schools Maui, for HIKI NŌ.

For more infomation >> PBS Hawai'i - HIKI NŌ Episode #1005 | Kamehameha Schools Maui High | Empowering Women - Duration: 2:55.

-------------------------------------------

PBS Hawai'i - HIKI NŌ Episode #1005 | Maui Waena Intermediate | Seeds of STEM - Duration: 3:07.

Today, it was amazing.

I like the technology and I like animating, coding and doing robotics,

'cause I didn't really get to do these things in my whole life.

Elementary student Capriana Nozaki is one of more than seventy students spending a day

at Maui Waena Intermediate School, where children of all ages can learn how to code computer

games, play with circuit boards, and Dance Dance Revolution on a field made entirely

by Maui Waena students.

They also get to do photography and videography,

and also doing robotics, which is like programming and building.

They're learning about science, technology, engineering and math,

many without even realizing it.

These activities are all part of the STEM Exploration Day, an event organized by Maui

Waena students for kids in the community.

And seventh-grader Zoe Zane is the one in charge.

It impacts me because when I see how much the children are enjoying all the activities,

it took me back to when I was in sixth grade and how

when I was doing STEM, how I loved doing it.

And seeing that just made me super-happy.

When I see that the kids are doing the activities and having fun, and actually getting the activities,

and them coming up to me and being excited to learn more, it just makes me feel so happy,

because I'm doing something good for the community

and helping them learn more about STEM.

But the seeds of this day were planted decades ago when the Maui Economic Development Board

launched a program that focused on bringing STEM education into schools.

What it grew into was even more than CEO Leslie Wilkins could have expected.

I don't think I could have imagined, almost twenty years ago when we got our first grant,

that we would see your generation of young women actually being the leaders, the visionaries,

and charting your future,

organizing a community event like today to make sure that other young

people have the opportunity to even go further than what you've gone.

When we teach kids about STEM, they gain skills that they can use in the future, like applying

for jobs or colleges.

It also gives them the opportunities to learn more about the STEM fields.

It's important to teach the younger generation about STEM, because we have newer technology,

and it also helps kids have creativity when they're thinking.

With all the new advances in technology, the students at Maui Waena are hoping to not only

start a STEM movement, but to bring the next generation with them.

This day benefited me, because I got to learn about technology.

I want to be a scientist, because I can help the world, using this technology.

This is Cailyn Omuro from Maui Waena Intermediate School, for HIKI NŌ.

For more infomation >> PBS Hawai'i - HIKI NŌ Episode #1005 | Maui Waena Intermediate | Seeds of STEM - Duration: 3:07.

-------------------------------------------

PBS Hawai'i - HIKI NŌ Episode #1005 | Moanalua High - O'ahu | Canvas for the Community - Duration: 2:24.

Chinatown was in pretty dire straits at that time, and this organization was one of the

arts organizations that was ignited here to help turn around the neighborhood.

As for being located in the heart of downtown Chinatown,

the ARTS at Marks Garage has faced many challenges.

I think for some people, there may be a negative stigma that's associated with a lot of like,

downtown urban areas.

But that's also partially due to policies, housing and different things that are happening

that aren't necessarily setting up all the right

resources for the people that are in Chinatown.

The ARTS at Marks Garage is an art gallery, a performance space and a co-op for artists.

My theory is, when you really meet the community's need

that community is going to support what you're doing.

This part of the program is giving people a voice to talk about their project and the

issues, and their perspectives.

And that's what I see the ARTS at Marks doing.

Some of our artists have shown their works in higher-end galleries, and when they come

here they get a different crowd of people seeing their art.

We give them access to downtown Chinatown.

You know, we all benefit when we have art in our lives.

Even if you are not coming here,

you know someone who is coming here and experiencing art.

By providing the platform for artists' collaboration, ARTS has revived the energy in downtown.

If you look at some of the paintings around here, some of these may be done by people

in your neighborhood.

There's also a very large group of people

that want to ensure that Chinatown continues to thrive.

It should be a place that you and your family and friends come to every weekend, because

you know there's gonna be something new and different happening there.

With no sign of slowing down, ARTS will continue to be the canvas for the community.

I'm Luke Nakahodo from Moanalua High School, for HIKI NŌ.

For more infomation >> PBS Hawai'i - HIKI NŌ Episode #1005 | Moanalua High - O'ahu | Canvas for the Community - Duration: 2:24.

-------------------------------------------

When You're Mexican and no one believes you PART 5! - Duration: 10:40.

Pedro, the place looks great!

Congratulations!

Thank you, Mrs. Big'stache.

Welcome Family!

Our taco trucks have been a huge success.

The next milestone for us

was to open up our own restaurant

and guys,

here we are!

The day before the grand opening.

Whoo hoo!

(Applause)

Corner Joint!

So being US born with Mexican parents,

I decided to give love to both cultures.

With the help of my Uncle Nando, the Chef.

We create some American favorites

With a Mexican twist.

Uncle, tell them about the food.

The first dish over there

Is the El Pastor Burger.

The second dish over here

Is the Mexican Pizza with bean sauce.

Man, that looks great.

Pass the Pootoe sauce!

I still can't believe this sold

over a million bottles.

Yeah, me either.

I guess, there's a lot of Pootoes out there.

This sauce is putting my cow business to shame.

Brownsville's Pootoe Sauce.

Bring out your inner Pootoe.

I should have never doubted that sauce.

Enjoy the food everybody!

Whoa wait!!

The plate of mole is missing,

No one touch anything!

I'll be right back.

Uncle, don't defecate on the stick. We're Hungry!

No one touches anything!

Clear, Boss. Clear.

Immigration? What the f...

Clear boss.

Alright, don't be alarmed!

The building is just being surrounded by a few dozen

Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agents.

Now enough with the bedroom talk.

I'm looking for one Nando Flores.

U..ugh...Look man,

I think there's been a misunderstanding.

Everyone's papers here are legit, man.

I doubt that.

According to our investigations,

this place is runned by a one, Pedro Flores.

Is that you?

Huh?

Is that you?

It's got to be you then.

Really?

No.

Do you know where I can find a Pedro Flores?

Uh...

he went to the...

yeah, He went to the kitchen earlier.

The names...ah...

Peter Flowers.

I'm the assistant Manager.

Nice to meet you.

If you want , I can go check if he's still in there

Yeah, you look good. Go ahead.

Go ahead, check him.

Whoa, Whoa, whoa, wait.

The rest of you are going to sit tight

Until I talk to a Pedro or Nando Flores!

Uncle!

Uncle, uncle, uncle, uncle

What? What? What?

You need to hide, now!

Immigration is coming, or what?

YES!

NO!

Uncle, ICE is here!

Your Papers are in order?

Yeah, Yeah, Well...

Yeah....

Do you remember your Uncle Nando,

the one with the bad spine that can barley walk?

Yeah Yeah, (Uncle Crooked)

What about him?

I'm kind of using his work Visa.

Tio, are you freaking kidding me?

No. He wasn't using it and I've been waiting 12 years for mine.

Tio, this is not the time

to talk about the broken immigration system

you need to hide!

Okay, okay.

Go hide.

Okay, okay, okay.

Yo!

What's taking so long?

I was just..

I was just trying to call Pedro and

he jus...I don't kn...like

It just keeps going straight to voicemail

like...

I don't know. He was here earlier

I don't know what's going on.

Hurry up. I don't have all day, alright?

(Ringtone) "I'm Mexican and no one believes me ."

Is that Spanish Music?

"Here it is, for the ones that speak in English ."

"I am Mexican..."

Yeah, man. It's the cooks.

They're always messing with my ringtone

One time, they put really inappropriate sounds

I was at church,

it was the worst Baptism, I've ever been.

Yeah, Habib always doing that to my phone, too.

So don't swea...

(Middle-Eastern ringtone plays)

Hello.

I'll be right there!

Hurry up. I don't got all day.

And bring some of that Pootoe sauce.

Yeah?

Alright everyone. ID's please!

Hand them over!

Hey where's the Pootoe sauce?!

"Butt Burner" "Lil Bitch Sauce" "Tongue Burner"

(Satanic Whispers)

The Quema Culo and the Quema Lengua together?

Are you Crazy?

Are you trying to kill someone?

Tio, get out of here?!

No, I'm just trying to give these ICE Agents

(a stomach ache) or something. So, they could leave.

You want to make them sick,

just give them some of your aunt cooking.

That'll do it.

Open's up everything.

Tio, This aint no time for jokes, Okay?

For reals tho, my Tia's cooking.

Everytime i was backed up, i would eat Enchiladas

and (fart noise)...everything would come out.

But that's not a joke.

One time I combined them and I saw the Devil himself

Scratching the walls, there was stuff all under my nails...

Tio! You're always Exaggerating. And you know what?

I'm not a kid anymore. Okay?

I need to fix this,

go hide!

Okay, Okay, Okay.

"Verga del Diablo Salsa/The Devil's D*ck Sauce"

(Max) Let me call you right back. Thank You.

No Problem.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!

I need to see your ID. Have a seat.

My ID?

Yeah.

(Slow heart beat)

(Speeding heart beat)

(Quicken heart beat)

You're Pedro Flores?

You're Mexican?

...yeah.

You know, lying to an ICE Agent is a federal offense.

Arrest this man!

Technically...my nam....

Stop, stop, stop, stop. Don't eat that.

And keep Pedro out of this.

I'm the one you want.

You're Nando Flores?

Yes.

Nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you.

Arrest THIS man!

Please, before you do. Can I just say something?

What?

Do you speak Spanish?

Whoa, whoa!..H..h..hold off here.

I'm an ICE Agent

Of Course.

A little bit. Go ahead.

Thank You. I express myself better in Spanish.

When I came to this country

I came with permission and no money.

The people looked at me with contempt.

So, who cares.

If, i had to clean dishes, bathrooms or floors.

It was work that no one wanted.

I did it with pleasure.

After a few years, my papers expired.

I sent my renewal papers...

I trusted in the system.

So in the mean while, I continued to work.

I payed my taxes.

Doing it without hurting anyone.

I got myself a job at a good restaurant.

I started from the bottom and after Twelve years

I became head of the kitchen.

Still, the people still looked at me with contempt.

Thanks to my nephew and his friend

We have this place.

Now, people finally look at us with respect.

Although, i continue to pay my taxes

and follow the rules

I continue doing so without hurting anyone...

and FINALLY....people look at me

with a little bit of respect.

Now, YOU...

want to take that away from me.

Everything is gonna be fine, uncle!

(sobbing)

You're right,

I have no idea what you're saying.

Can we get a translator?

Please arrest this man!

I don't know. I couldn't understand anything.

Why you being a pootoe, man?

(Tina)Mas Pootoe!

Mas Pootoe. I love Pootoe sauce!

Well, sir. I'm actually the co-creator of that sauce.

Get out of here!

You're Brownsville?

Dude, nice to meet...I d...

I didn't even recognize you without your hat on.

Well, sir. Don't let me stop you from enjoying

that extra non spicy sauce.

It'll bring out your inner Pootoe.

Man, I...I can't believe that's you!

Awe, Man. I'm going to love this!

Little bit more? Little bit more?

(Max) Alright, here we go.

(Brownsville) Taste good, huh?

OH NO!

Sir?

Did you guys poison him?!

I AM THE GOD OF HOT SAUCE!

WHO HAS SUMMONS ME?

(Girly Screams)

Tina, go get the witchcraft kit! Tina!

(Pedro continues to scream) HELP ME, PLEASE!

O'Heaveanly Father.

Hurry!

YAA...Argh...gah....

(Clapping)

That's some great sauce!

Thank you.

Now you see Nando getting arrested over there?

He's the original creator of this sauce.

(Max) NANDO!

You made that sauce?

(Nando) Yes.

That is fantastic...honestly,

you guys,

have a real talent

Huh?

Guys, I can't do this.

Officers!

Let them go.

Look, guys.

There's too much Talent here.

Get your paper work together

and I'm going to let you off this time.

Brownsville,

Can I get a selfie?

Heck yes, you can get a selfie.

This is good.

Got to get the sauce.

"Dont forget to add that Pootoe Sauce"

Alright everybody,

Let's clear out.

Thanks Brownsville.

Woo! I got to poop!

What the hell just happened?

I don't know but...

We got a busy day tomorrow

and we gotta do the Mexican thing and...

Keep Working!

because "Mexicans work double"

"works Double, works double.."

For more infomation >> When You're Mexican and no one believes you PART 5! - Duration: 10:40.

-------------------------------------------

Beginner Investment tips: Acorns Investing App - Duration: 6:55.

What's going on Amazon sellers or hopefully soon-to-be Amazon sellers, my name is beau Crabill

And in this video it's gonna be nothing related about selling on Amazon

However with this channel, I don't only want you to become a great Amazon seller make money Amazon and online on eBay Walmart, etc

But also to better lives in other ways, especially with saving money investing money

Definitely very lucky been mentored by very successful people have been taught the principles about saving money investing and not wasting on certain things and

what I've realized is one of the

Biggest ways to not have success with investing and like I explained all my videos is taking action

Doesn't matter if you're making a thousand dollars a month or a million dollars a month

It tends to be a lot of people just have not had the foundations of saving money

I mean if you're making a thousand dollars a month

I still believe that you should be able to and be able to work it out

Where you can actually best a hundred dollars a month

To give you an example right now

some people say 100 hours a month is nothing but what I'm gonna do right now is actually open up to a

screen recording on my phone into my compounding interest calculator and show you really the benefits potential on just

Saving certain amounts of money per month can do so at this a compound interest calculator

I really like using this tool all the time

I am on this almost every single day

But say if you start with a hundred dollars and you're getting 10% annually and some sort of fund

And then you're able to contribute $100 a month

So that's saving hundred dollars a month you figure out what your expenses are what you're making and able to figure out how to pull

One hundred ollars month and put into a fund if you did that for

25 years

That's a hundred and thirty three thousand dollars that you have. So then what say you okay?

You figure out how to save a hundred dollars

then what if you figure out how to make an extra hundred dollars that could be in tips or

Selling a couple products on Amazon or flipping things on eBay. Now, you're at 200 dollars a month that you're investing. That's cool

That's over a quarter of a million dollars in 25 years

So as you can see with compounding interest

You don't need a crazy amount of money

to really get things going but the most important thing is really getting

Started to actually start to invest so the whole purpose of this video is because I actually have a solution that could actually work for

That and that's going to be about the app acorns

So the biggest problem people have is what I believe with investing and saving is actually taking action on it and the app

acorns helps with that

now what I want to do is explain to you on what does acorns how you're able to invest with it the starting amounts and

The pros and cons of acorns so acorns to get started with it. You have to download the app

So I have a link down my description where you can just click it down below that actually give you about five dollars or so

To start with your account and you're getting going and you have to do is you have to link some funding sources

You can make a debit card credit card and a bank account now

There are several ways to invest with acorns and one of the most I'd say popular ways is off of roundups

And what roundups are is would say you link your debit card or credit card?

and you go to stores you buy things with it your credit card or debit card and

Then let's say you bought a sandwich for four dollars and ninety cents

It will round up to the nearest dollar five dollars and that's nine different

So invest ten cents into your account and how invest is off several ways

You can set up your account being very aggressive or moderate conservative

Here's actually a screenshot from my account where you can see it's investing into real estate stocks

normal bonds and other stock market

stocks

So it helps diversify, ur to your personal needs

But that's one way to invest another way to invest is you can set up recurring payments from your bank account where you're investing

Daily weekly or monthly off any dollar amount you want

and then and it just does automatic from your bank account the

other way to invest what actually like the best about acorns actually based around even making this video is

About their earned money and this is next where I've made the most amount of money from acorns is off their earn and found money

now here's actually a screenshot from the earner found money and pretty much what it is is

If you go shopping on these specific places that acorns have in their earned found money section

Acorns will actually give you cash back and put in and invest it into your acorns account

So for example, I needed an air B&B for my business

So I checked to see if air B&B was on the acorns earned and found money, and it was it was giving me

1.8 percent cash back

absolutely, no reason um, and so when I booked the Air B&B

I got 1.8 percent cash back. And then now they're investing that into my acorns account

I had to get uber eats for me and a couple buddies that I was working with

So we ordered new breed's and they gave me some dollars back to invest in their put into my acorns account

so what I really like about the Earned found money is that I mean

I only like to use if I'm actually real shop on there. So if I need Apple products, I'll go on acorns

Click on Apple get some cash back

I'm only gonna use it if I'm actually gonna use it anyway, and you might as well use it because

They're gonna give you cash back anyway

So now what I talked about is a few cons for with acorns

The cons with acorns is they take $1.00 per month in fees on $2 per month if you're using an IRA account

But my personal opinion which again, I'm not a financial adviser. So take this all the grain of salt

I don't really suggest using an IRA account with them because I know other funds that can be better for that

However, a dollar per month is what they take

So now keep in mind that a dollar per month couldn't seem like very very little or it can seem like a lot

Right, if you only have $100 to your account, that's twelve dollars in a year. That's 12% That's a lot in fees

but if you have a thousand dollars

Right, then that's around less than 1% or a little over 1% So I believe if you have if you're able to figure out that

Maybe in a year's time you're able to get a thousand to five thousand dollars into your acorns account

I think definitely worth it

But if you're looking just put in $10 $20 and thinking to make a lot of money

It's really not gonna be worth it. The only good thing is there's no piece to taking out your money

So that's great as well. That's approach it for acorns

I know a lot of people kind of skeptical about these investing apps

but they take $1 per month and

What I like best about it is obviously any single fund you use is typical gonna have some type of fees?

But what I love most about acorns that it makes it really simple for just the average person

Just wanting to get going and feel worth investing it kind of forces them to because they just set up once and it gets going

Sometimes you have to remember to go click on the urn and found money

but if you want to start with an acorn

So I should have a link down below and if you actually get sign up through the link

I

Believe Acorn for a short period of time that ought to be offering to give you 5 dollars to get started with your accounts

Or literally just get a free $5 for clicking the link down below

So that's about it

if you have any questions at all about

Investing or selling on Amazon or e-commerce or acorns?

feel free to leave them down below in the comments and

Make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel where I give other tips just like this or about selling online

Make sure subscribe my podcast feel free to DM you or follow me on instagram @ beau Crabill, and just have a great day

You

For more infomation >> Beginner Investment tips: Acorns Investing App - Duration: 6:55.

-------------------------------------------

The San Juan Tiny House by Rocky Mountain Tiny Houses | Lovely Tiny House - Duration: 5:12.

For more infomation >> The San Juan Tiny House by Rocky Mountain Tiny Houses | Lovely Tiny House - Duration: 5:12.

-------------------------------------------

Hyundai Getz 1.1i Active - Duration: 1:01.

For more infomation >> Hyundai Getz 1.1i Active - Duration: 1:01.

-------------------------------------------

BMW 6 Serie 640 i High Exe Automaat *Full options* - Duration: 1:11.

For more infomation >> BMW 6 Serie 640 i High Exe Automaat *Full options* - Duration: 1:11.

-------------------------------------------

Citroën C2 1.1i Furio - Duration: 1:04.

For more infomation >> Citroën C2 1.1i Furio - Duration: 1:04.

-------------------------------------------

Toyota Yaris 1.3 VVT-i Idols - Duration: 0:42.

For more infomation >> Toyota Yaris 1.3 VVT-i Idols - Duration: 0:42.

-------------------------------------------

Hyundai i10 1.25i Active Cool - Duration: 1:04.

For more infomation >> Hyundai i10 1.25i Active Cool - Duration: 1:04.

-------------------------------------------

Opel Astra 1.8I 16V 3DRS 140PK GTC SPORT AIRCO - Duration: 0:47.

For more infomation >> Opel Astra 1.8I 16V 3DRS 140PK GTC SPORT AIRCO - Duration: 0:47.

-------------------------------------------

Fiat Panda 1.2I 5DRS EDIZIONE COOL AIRCO 1E EIGENAAR - Duration: 0:46.

For more infomation >> Fiat Panda 1.2I 5DRS EDIZIONE COOL AIRCO 1E EIGENAAR - Duration: 0:46.

-------------------------------------------

Volkswagen up! 1.0I 5DRS MOVE UP AIRCO BLUEMOTION S&S - Duration: 0:47.

For more infomation >> Volkswagen up! 1.0I 5DRS MOVE UP AIRCO BLUEMOTION S&S - Duration: 0:47.

-------------------------------------------

Toyota Yaris 1.3 VVT-i Dynamic - Duration: 1:06.

For more infomation >> Toyota Yaris 1.3 VVT-i Dynamic - Duration: 1:06.

-------------------------------------------

Fémkeresőzés-Orsógomb, nyílhegy, érmék. I.rész/spindle button, arrowheads, coins. Part I - Duration: 10:39.

For more infomation >> Fémkeresőzés-Orsógomb, nyílhegy, érmék. I.rész/spindle button, arrowheads, coins. Part I - Duration: 10:39.

-------------------------------------------

PBS Hawai'i - HIKI NŌ Episode #1005 | Moanalua High - O'ahu | Canvas for the Community - Duration: 2:24.

Chinatown was in pretty dire straits at that time, and this organization was one of the

arts organizations that was ignited here to help turn around the neighborhood.

As for being located in the heart of downtown Chinatown,

the ARTS at Marks Garage has faced many challenges.

I think for some people, there may be a negative stigma that's associated with a lot of like,

downtown urban areas.

But that's also partially due to policies, housing and different things that are happening

that aren't necessarily setting up all the right

resources for the people that are in Chinatown.

The ARTS at Marks Garage is an art gallery, a performance space and a co-op for artists.

My theory is, when you really meet the community's need

that community is going to support what you're doing.

This part of the program is giving people a voice to talk about their project and the

issues, and their perspectives.

And that's what I see the ARTS at Marks doing.

Some of our artists have shown their works in higher-end galleries, and when they come

here they get a different crowd of people seeing their art.

We give them access to downtown Chinatown.

You know, we all benefit when we have art in our lives.

Even if you are not coming here,

you know someone who is coming here and experiencing art.

By providing the platform for artists' collaboration, ARTS has revived the energy in downtown.

If you look at some of the paintings around here, some of these may be done by people

in your neighborhood.

There's also a very large group of people

that want to ensure that Chinatown continues to thrive.

It should be a place that you and your family and friends come to every weekend, because

you know there's gonna be something new and different happening there.

With no sign of slowing down, ARTS will continue to be the canvas for the community.

I'm Luke Nakahodo from Moanalua High School, for HIKI NŌ.

No comments:

Post a Comment